about us

CCT History

On October 30, 1997 Colon Container Terminal, S.A. started operations, opening a world of opportunities for Panama as a hub for regional distribution and transshipment.

Previously the site of a former US Navy base, CCT transformed the site into a modern container handling facility with two berths. Subsequent development resulted in two additional berths and a total of 74.3 hectares of terminal area.

CCT is now in the process of taking the next step to meet the needs of the market through the development of a 30 hectare logistics park on its concession lands by establishing the Colon Logistics Park, a logistics park integrated with the operations of the terminal.

As the Evergreen Group celebrates its 50th anniversary and the baton is passed to the new generation of leadership, CCT remains committed to investing in Colon and helping both its customers and local community prosper.

Coco Solo,1922 (Source: National Archives)

Phase 1, 1998

Phase 2, 2005

Phase 3, 2015